In order to ensure your oral health care has the best chance of success, it is important to limit and protect your smile against any risk of hazards that may arise. This holiday season, your mouth will be at an additional risk for numerous oral ailments. Thus, it is important to make sure you protect yourself accordingly. Listed below are a few helpful tips to use for frequent tooth hazards:
– A seemingly innocuous habit such as chewing on ice can lead to severe dental damage such as a chipped or cracked tooth or triggering a lingering toothache.
– If you fail to wear the proper safety gear such as mouth guards when involved with high-risk activities, you can greatly damage your teeth
– Always make sure to protect your young infants by avoiding baby bottle tooth decay, which can often be caused by leaving a baby bottle in an infant’s crib overnight filled with harmful products that contain sugars.
– Avoid mouth jewelry or any other similar risk including tongue piercings, as it can lead to nerve damage and severe oral ailments.
– A condition known as bruxism which refers to teeth grinding unconsciously can severely hinder your oral health.
– Be aware that products and hard candies, including cough drops, can severely damage your teeth if bitten into. In addition, they are often heavily loaded with sugars that can lead to dental erosion and cavities.
If you would like to have your teeth and gums examined by our team at Orlando Periodontics & Implants, please book an appointment with Dr. Michael H. Connor and our team at our dentist office. To set up a visit with our team in Orlando, Florida, please contact us at 407-277-3300.