Losing one or more dentition may result in more abrasion of the remaining teeth, and cause premature damage or tooth loss. Jawbone structure also begins to immediately deteriorate when a tooth is absent. If these adverse effects of missing teeth concern you, we recommend you consider Orlando Periodontics & Implants when replacing missing teeth in Orlando, Florida.
There are multiple tooth replacement options available, some temporary and others long-lasting:
- Fixed Bridge: A fixed bridge is a connected set of replacement teeth cemented into position on top of the teeth adjacent to the empty space.
- Flipper: A fragile, temporary, and inexpensive solution consisting of a removable plastic tooth with a plastic retainer, often called a “flipper.”
- Metal Partial: A less fragile option that is a removable partial denture cast in metal and plastic. A removable partial denture can be removed and reinserted when required by the patient.
- Denture: This is one of the most common solutions for people missing all teeth in one or both dental arches.
- Dental Implants: As the most comfortable and permanent solution, dental implants form a strong foundation for teeth and keep the jaw healthy and strong.
We invite you to call 407-277-3300 to organize an appointment with our periodontist, Dr. Michael H. Connor, and receive specialty periodontal care.