For patients of Orlando Periodontics & Implants who are missing all of their teeth on the lower dental arch, we offer many implant-supported replacement options:
- Ball-Attachment Denture: Two implants are placed in your lower jaw, dentures are pre-made to snaps onto these implants. This option allows your lower denture to be more stable while chewing than without implants.
- Bar-Attachment Denture: We can place four to six implants, depending on your jaw size or shape, into your lower jaw. After healing is complete, the implants are connected with a custom-made support bar. Your denture will be made with special internal retention clips that attach onto the support bar, enabling the denture to snap firmly into place. This is called an “overdenture.”
- Screw-Retained Denture: Five or more implants in your jaw attach to a permanent denture held in place by screws or clasps that secure it to the support posts or bar. It does not touch the gum tissue, which allows you to clean under the denture without removing it. This denture will replace all your missing lower teeth and will not be removed except at maintenance visits.
- Individual Implants: This option involves having all your teeth individually replaced so that they will appear to be growing out of your gum tissue. This procedure most closely resembles the appearance of your natural teeth.
For individuals missing all their upper teeth, we offer the following treatment options:
- Implant Retained Upper Denture: We look to eliminate the need for covering the roof of your mouth, thus allowing you to fully taste your food and its temperature. This option can do just that, depending on the number of implants required.
- Individual Upper Implants: For teeth that appear similar to your natural smile, non-removable individual upper implants may be recommended. After this treatment and a complete healing process, you will require abutments and new replacement crowns to be placed.
We are pleased to offer a wide range of tooth-replacement treatments in Orlando, Florida, for those who are missing all the teeth in the upper or lower dental arches. Your replacement options may be limited by the current size and shape of your jawbone, so we recommend an initial consultation with our periodontist, Dr. Michael H. Connor. We look forward to caring for you; just call 407-277-3300.