Brushing your teeth is essential to ensure your smile will not suffer from gun disease. If you fail to effectively keep your brushing care in top order by failing to brush daily, your smile may suffer. To make sure you are brushing effectively, here are a few tips that can help you:
– Do not share your toothbrush with others.
– Prevent cross-contamination by storing your toothbrush in areas away from other toothbrushes.
– Keep your toothbrush stored upright in a well-ventilated area. If you must store your toothbrush in a closed container for traveling, do so for only shorts periods at a time.
– Stick to toothbrushes and toothpaste that are dentist-recommended or have the ADA Seal of Acceptance. The seal comes from the American Dental Association and is only given to products that have met the top safety and effectiveness guidelines.
– If you break down or struggle to use a traditional toothbrush easily, switch to an electric toothbrush.
– Swap out dirty, contaminated, or old toothbrushes every 3-4 months for new ones.
Improve your oral hygiene with enhanced brushing habits. For an oral examination at Orlando Periodontics & Implants at our dentist office in Orlando, Florida, please book an appointment with Dr. Michael H. Connor and our team by calling 407-277-3300. Take the time to protect your teeth today!