Periodontics is a field of dentistry designed to care for your gums. Several options are available to make sure the tissues in your mouth are well taken care of. One of the biggest risks that can arise with your gums is known as gum disease. Gum disease, also referred to as periodontal disease, often exists in numerous forms and many stages. To prevent the progression of gum disease, it is important to understand it’s symptoms so that it can be detected early and treated effectively.
Are you aware of the symptoms of gum disease and how to spot them when they are present? Listed below are common symptoms to be aware of:
– If your show signs of blood spotting or issues when bleeding while eating or cleaning out your mouth, it could be a sign of gum disease.
– Visual clues as to the presence of gum disease include noticeable pus or sores, inflammation, swelling, and any signs that your gums have not maintained a visual appearance you’re used to.
– If you are suffering from gum recession, which is a condition in which your gums are pulling back away from your teeth, could be a sign of gum tissue infection.
– The frequent occurrence of halitosis, even after treatments, is a known symptom of gum disease
– If you suffer from any pain when chewing or experience a feeling of extra tenderness when touching your gums, an infection may be present.
If you’re experiencing any of the signs and symptoms above, you will want to visit your periodontist for a detailed assessment of your oral health to determine what is causing the issues.
Now is the best time to visit the dental office of Orlando Periodontics & Implants for periodontal care. Dr. Michael H. Connor and our team at our office in Orlando, Florida, is here to ensure you receive the care you need to keep your smile in peak condition. We can be reached by calling us at 407-277-3300.